Restoration and addition to historic structure originally built in 1872. This small luxury hotel of 123 rooms was totally renovated in 1983 by Cromwell. Over the last 22 years, codes and standards have changed, and many systems are reaching the end of their normal lifespan.
In 2002, Cromwell was chosen to enlarge the hotel to +107,000 SF and totally replace all ‘back-of-house’ facilities including two kitchens, laundry, banquet facilities, office and employee facilities. The project also added a ballroom and meeting spaces. The hydronic heat pump system was replaced with a 4-pipe chiller/boiler system with expanded ventilation system and energy recovery. All plumbing systems were replaced and modernized. The majority of the electrical and fire alarm systems were also replaced and up-sized for current codes and future needs.
All work was planned to minimize disruption to the historic interiors of the hotel. The project is the recipient of an Arkansas Preservation Award for Outstanding Preservation through Restoration.